Uniform helps all our children feel part of Cowling School and plays a valuable role in setting the appropriate tone for school. It helps children to feel a sense of ‘belonging’ and pride to be a part of our school community. The wearing of a uniform ensures pupils of all races and backgrounds feel welcome and protects children from social pressures to dress in a particular way; the children come to school prepared and with the right attitude for work.
Our school’s uniform
- Navy blue sweatshirt or navy blue cardigan (plain from any shop or with school badge)
- White polo shirts (plain from any shop or with school badge)
- Black, grey or navy school skirts, pinafore dress, school shorts, blue gingham, dress or trousers
- Children should wear plain, dark coloured socks or tights and flat, black shoes
- All new entrants will be provided with a new navy blue bookbag.
All clothes should be clearly marked with your child’s name
- A white t-shirt (plain from any shop or with school badge)
- Black or navy shorts and plain socks
- Outside kit of plain black, navy or grey sweatshirt, tracksuit bottoms/leggings and trainers.
- For swimming, children should wear either a full swimming costume or swimming trunks (trunks must not be long baggy short style and bikinis are not allowed), swimming cap if your child has long hair. Alternative clothing can be previously agreed with the Headteacher.
All items should be clearly marked with your child’s name and be in a named PE bag. This can be kept at school and taken home at regular intervals to be washed.
Where to purchase
The school have a limited stock of second hand school uniform, please contact the school office if you require further information.