Cowling Primary School
A warm welcome to all visiting our school website. I feel incredibly lucky and privileged to work at Cowling where ‘Every child has the chance to shine’. Visitors to our school often comment that it feels a lot like a family, due to its happy and caring feel.
Cowling Community Primary School is an exciting place to learn situated on the edge of the Dales close to the Yorkshire-Lancashire border. Our talented staff team strive to put the fun into learning and encourage all our children to aim high. Cowling Community Primary School serves children from the school year in which they are five years old, up to the age of eleven. The school has a pupil roll of approximately 139 pupils, organised into five classes. The school works closely with local cluster schools as part of the Castle Alliance and Harrogate and Rural Teaching Alliance.
We have strong relationships with our parents, staff, governors and the wider community. It is through these strong links that we make sure that we enrich our children’s lives both academically and socially. We all work hard to provide an environment where our children can flourish.
I hope that you will find our website interesting and informative and that it gives you a flavour of life at Cowling Community Primary School. Please feel free to contact the school directly with any queries or questions you may have. If you are a prospective parent, please contact us to arrange a visit to see our wonderful school in action. We look forward to meeting you.
Kate Dawson, Headteacher
Aims and Values
At Cowling our vision is to ensure we:
- Deliver an exciting, inspiring curriculum providing opportunities and opening children’s eyes to the world.
- Ensure children value difference and show high levels of respect and courtesy.
- Become a centre of primary excellence through school to school led improvement and collaboration.
- Establish positive and successful home school partnerships.
- Ensure our children are happy, safe and successful finding the fun in learning.
- Deliver excellent progress for all our children.
- Are a place where every child has the chance to shine.
- Develop character enabling children to demonstrate resilience.
- Our teaching stimulates motivation, imagination and curiosity.
- Encourage our children to try new things.